Maui AIDS Foundation (MAF) is seeking a dynamic and motivated Executive Director (ED) to lead its organization in its mission to promote sexual well-being in the community, prevent HIV and STIs, and to provide client services to those living with HIV/AIDS in Maui County.
Under the general supervision of the Board of Directors, the ED has overall responsibility for strategy, operations, finances, and program and staff management. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the mission of the organization, have excellent leadership skills, and be able to drive development efforts while maintaining diversified funding sources.
Please apply at www.Indeed.com, or contact Vona Britz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Develop, communicate and sustain a clear vision, mission and strategy for the Agency, in collaboration with the Board of Directors;
• Ensure sound operational, financial, and human resource policies are in place and followed at all times;
• Create and maintain stable working relationships within the organization and with community groups, funders and other organizations and stakeholders;
• Serve as the chief spokesperson for MAF to the community at large, to the HIV/AIDS community in particular, and to government and private interests;
• Provide effective oversight of operations and programs that advance the Agency's goals and extend its reach, and oversee successful implementation and completion of awarded contracts and grants
• Develop and administer Board-approved fiscal plans in compliance with internal policies and procedures and in accordance with applicable laws, rules/regulations, grants and other contractual obligations;
• Oversee all fiscal aspects of the organization in collaboration with the Director of Finance, including preparing budgets, monitoring expenses, preparing and submitting grant applications and fundraising, managing the Foundation’s Endowment, and maintaining the retirement plan
• Effectively manage the human resources of MAF in compliance with personnel policies and procedures and in compliance with sound human resource practices and employment laws and regulations;
• Plan and arrange for necessary facilities, equipment and training necessary to carry out the mission of the organization;
• Support the operation and administration of the Board of Directors and its committees, regularly advise and inform the Board of key fiscal, administrative and service data/information, and serve as key liaison between staff and the Board of Directors with the goal of providing the highest standards of governance and transparency;
• Maintain official records and documents, ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations, including personnel, insurance, taxes, non-profit status, HIPAA, legal and others.
Credentials and experience:
The ED will have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and an MBA, MPA, MSW, or MPH or at least 3 years’ experience in a leadership or management role.
Qualities we are seeking in a candidate include:
• Ability to work collaboratively and in a cost-effective manner within a small organization structure that requires all staff members- including the Executive Director- to be flexible, patient, responsive, and willing to assist with day-to-day operations as necessary;
• Ability to develop and manage staff to their full potential;
• Experience working with a Board of Directors;
• Commitment to advancing the Agency's mission;
• Demonstrated experience in and/or strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for nonprofit organizations including regulatory requirements, annual audit and tax cycle, internal controls, and Generally Accepted Audit Standards;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Experience with finding, applying for, writing and securing grant funding;
• Competence working with culturally and economically diverse populations;
• Knowledge and understanding of government contracts;
• A valid Hawaii driver’s license and access to reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout Hawaii for meetings and training;
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and STI medical issues and familiarity with or understanding of Federal 403(b) program and FQHC look-alike clinics;
• Understanding of MedQuest and the social welfare system;
• Experience in marketing, public relations, special events, and fundraising;
• Experience with homelessness, Section 8 and HUD programs, 403(b) qualified retirement plan.
Salary and benefits:
Salary is negotiable, depending on the qualifications of the candidate. Other benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance; Paid Time Off; and Holidays
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume with three references who we may contact.
MAF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age