The primary function of the STI Tester/ Internet Outreach Coordinator is to provide culturally competent and confidential HIV, HCV and Syphilis education, testing, referrals, outreach and related services. The STI Tester/ Internet Outreach Coordinator also serves as an advocate for MAF’s Direct Services by developing internet outreach marketing strategies that advertise MAF testing and prevention programs. The STI Tester/ Internet Outreach Coordinator generally assists with the following duties and reports to the Director of Prevention Services.
REPORTS TO: Prevention Services Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attain HIV, HCV and Syphilis testing certification (Training provided by Maui AIDS Foundation (MAF)/ Hawaii Harm Reducation Service Branch (HRSB))
• Provide HIV, HCV and Syphilis counselling, testing and referral services using harm-reduction based counseling to targeted populations within the context of the MAF’s HIV/STD prevention program policies in accordance with HRSB guidelines, both in office and off-site environments.
• Participate in the coordination and staffing of HIV/STD information tables at community events, in collaboration with the Prevention team.
• Document and report all prevention/education activities in a timely manner.
• Provide data entry and program reports.
• Attend weekly staff supervision and team meetings.
• Adhere to Maui AIDS Foundation’s Internet Guidelines.
• Develop and implement internet outreach activities, campaigns, and strategies to promote STI testing, education and prevention utilizing social media sites to at-risk populations.
• Ensures that all social media content and communication maintains Maui AIDS Foundation’s integrity and values, in accordance to Maui AIDS Foundation’s mission statement.
• Provide extended internet outreach that includes motivation-building and/or skill-building harm reduction which focuses on decreasing risk behaviors.
• Keep documented record/ reports of all internet outreach activity and submit record/ reports to Director of Prevention Services by deadlines. • Establish and maintain effective relationships with local, state, and federal agencies to assure access to referral services.
• Work with leadership to develop and implement a quarterly outreach plan that includes promotional and educational strategies.
• Research and assist in developing plans for expanding MAF’s presence in the community.
• Assists the prevention team with the aforementioned duties and performs other related tasks as required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Education and/or Experience in HIV-related field
• Basic Knowledge of HIV/ STI
Proficiency in MS Office Applications
• Background in public relations, digital marketing and/or social media content production
• Knowledge of various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linked In, etc., as well as strong artistic and creative ability.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with both staff and clients, by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, and resolving conflicts.
• Ability to plan and organize workload and manage the projects and deadlines of him/herself.
• Ability to maintain professional standards and demeanor, including the confidentiality of employee and client data and other sensitive information.
• Demonstrated competence with, and continued commitment to respect for cultural differences and diversity.
• Availability to work flexible hours to accommodate program activities. (May require some weekend or evening hours).
• Valid Driver’s License, own transportation, and proof of vehicle insurance.
• Valid TB clearance
• Traffic Abstract.
• Ability to lift 35 pounds, stand, bend and sit.
• Work Location: Wailuku, Maui
• Work Schedule: Full-Time
• Hours/ Week: 40 Regular; May include evenings and weekends
• Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, Paid-Time-Off and Holidays
SALARY: $29,000/ year