Maui AIDS Foundation (MAF) is a nonprofit community-based organization working to promote the sexual health and well-being of members of our community. We focus on caring for those affected by HIV, Hep C and other sexually transmitted diseases and helping to improve their lives and focus on stopping the spread of sexually transmitted diseases through prevention, public awareness, education and advocacy.
The agency is hiring a full-time Administrative Assistant (AA). The AA is called upon to perform many varied duties throughout the day in a busy environment. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Answering phone calls
• Greeting participants, staff, family members and other guests with enthusiasm and confidence
• Completing a wide range of general clerical and administrative duties.
• Oversee the office's supply inventory, place orders online, and receive/pack away/distribute incoming deliveries
• Client Advocate
This position does not require experience working in the HIV/ STI field, but some knowledge and an interest in the services we provide is preferred.
Desired qualifications include:
• Enthusiasm for Maui AIDS Foundation’s mission
• Courteous and respectful behavior
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills both on the phone and in person
• Strong organizational ability and detail oriented with a professional presentation
• High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Publisher), with the ability to learn new programs and functions as needed
• I.T. experience preferred
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and cultures.
• Ability to multi-task and complete projects with minimum supervision
• Must have a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize while maintaining a personable and cooperative attitude
• Ability to make good judgment calls, and adapt and be flexible to the situation presenting itself.
• Experience with using a database mandatory (entering and exporting data).
• Valid TB clearance (provided by MAF).
• Traffic Abstract (provided by MAF).
• Pass background check.
• Must have own vehicle and a current driver's license and insurance.
• Ability to lift 30 pounds, stand, bend, and sit.
• References required.
Experience: Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, be responsible and friendly, and have the desire to learn office functions and procedures. 1 year administrative experience preferred, but not required.
Hours: Monday through Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, 40 paid hours per week
Location: Wailuku, Maui
Compensation: $15.00 per hour plus great benefits!
Maui AIDS Foundations benefits includes: Medical, Dental, 403(b) retirement plan and 14 paid Holidays. Our Paid Time Off accrual rates are generous and begin upon hire.
Send resume and cover letter with answer to the following question:
"What differentiates you from others with similar experiences who are applying for this job?"
Email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or fax ATTN: Chasity at 808-242-1968, subject line: "Administrative Assistant, MAF."
Only those who follow correct application procedures will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
• Paid time off
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Retirement benefits
Job Type: Full Time
MAF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age.