The Director of Client Services and Case Managers serve previously known and newly identified HIV positive clients in the office, Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Clients are evaluated to find out what their needs are and how best to meet those needs during the initial intake process. Case management is client focused.
- They offer information on the HIV specialists in Maui County who take all forms of health insurance including uninsured individuals
- Case Managers help guide individuals with no insurance to programs that allow them to access an HIV doctor and HIV medicines
- During the ACA (Affordable Care Act) enrollment window, they will help the individual enroll in health insurance that best suits them as an HIV positive person
- They will also guide people to the MedQUEST system for health insurance, food stamps and general assistance(welfare).
- Most importantly, the role of the Case Managers are to make sure the individual has access to an HIV doctor and HIV medicines
- The Case Managers also provide Ryan White financial assistance to ensure clients receive proper medical, dental and mental health services
The Food Pantry is open Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm to serve clients. The food bank serves as a supplemental food pantry to help individuals meet their nutritional goals. The food bank is not intended as a main source of food but a supplement. Clients can shop for canned goods, staples such as rice and or pasta, frozen items and a small variety of fresh vegetables & fruits.
Case Managers also work with a specialized housing program that helps clients of the Foundation with monthly rental assistance for qualified individuals. A case manager works closely with the client and the housing director to make sure proper paperwork is completed to access the program.
For information on Client Services please call 808-242-4900 and ask to speak to a case manager.